Lumineers are a brand of porcelain veneers made of Cerinate porcelain by Den-Mat Corporation. Den-Mat claims they are extra strong and a little bit thinner than other porcelain veneers. They can be just pasted or bonded over the top of your teeth, often with no drilling. They claim that very little bulk is added to your teeth.
Advantages of Lumineers
- Often thin, roughly 0.2mm thick, but are sometimes thicker
- Little or no tooth reduction is necessary
- Anesthetics and numbing injections are often not necessary
- Temporary veneers are often not required while Lumineers are created
- Can last as long as conventional porcelain veneers
- Are reversible if no tooth reduction was necessary
- Cost slightly less than porcelain veneers
Lumineers are becoming more and more popular as there are advantages to using them instead of porcelain veneers.